HAVE YOUR BEEN CHARGED WITH ILLEGAL POSSESSION OR USE OF A WEAPON?
Although the right to bear arms is guaranteed under the Second Amendment of our United States Constitution, the right is not absolute or unlimited outright and states are able to control what types of weapons are allowed and who is permitted to possess, use, and/or sell them. From metal knuckles to machine guns, Illinois prohibits an extensive list of weapons. In addition, gun owners must have a license and certain groups of people may not be eligible to obtain a license to own or carry and conceal a weapon.
Our attorneys and staff can discuss your case with you and determine effective methods to protect your rights.
Some of the most common weapon charges in Illinois include:
- Unlawful Use of a Weapon - UUW - (which includes not only illegal use but also simple possession of a firearm without a Conceal Carry licence and/or FOID card)
- Unlawful Use of a Weapon by Felon - UUW/Felon
- Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon
- Illegal Transfer of a Firearm
- Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm
- Armed Habitual Criminal
- Armed Violence
- And any number of other crimes which involve firearms as an element of the charge
Our priority is to build a strong defense on your behalf and get you out of your predicament as cleanly as possible. We offer individual attention to ensure your concerns are heard. For a free phone consultation, contact us at (773) 955-0400 today.